You are good enough


I recently completed continuing education for my speech-language pathology license on caring for the tracheostomy and ventilator dependent patient. I loved it. I love learning and expanding my knowledge base to be able to better serve the people I treat in therapy.

However, tracheostomy care intimidates me. It’s very technical and is a more specialized topic in the healthcare field. I don’t like feeling inadequate, intimidated or unprepared. So, I kept my eyes open for training opportunities, and when one came along, I jumped on it. 

At the beginning of the seminar, I was overwhelmed and felt stupid. Unfortunately, I had allowed myself to feel this way. 

Why am I sharing this with you? 

I think many of us often feel that way.

Overwhelmed. Intimidated. Unqualified. Not smart enough. Not good enough.


Well, stop it. 

You are good enough, smart enough, qualified.  

Always be confident in yourself and your abilities. Don’t ever allow yourself to think you’re anything less than amazing. Yeah…I’m talking to you. If you don’t believe in you, who will? You really do know more than you think. And if you don’t know about something, take the time to learn. 

By the end of the seminar, I felt confident in my prior knowledge base, as well as, my absorption of the new information. I made myself stop thinking I was in over my head, and allowed myself to learn. I allowed myself to grow. I allowed myself to be better.

Allow yourself to be better. Use positive words to describe yourself EVERY DAY. Then turn those words into positive actions. The world is there for you to grab.  

Find your passion and run.


SIDE NOTE: For any SLPs wondering about the course…I would HIGHLY recommend it!  Jay presented an enormous amount of information in a great way! He was great to listen to all day long!

Course Information: Cross Country Education: Caring for Patients with Tracheostomy  & Ventilator Dependency by Jerome Quellier.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts