Run with me in 2020

Running makes sense. It never leaves. It always listens. It's always ready. I may leave running for short sections of time, but it remains constant. Do you ever feel something tugging at you? Do you ever feel the pull of a want to be better, to do more? I do. All the time. It's not always related to running, but I think that is where I recognize it the most. So I run. And I run some more.

But this story isn't just about my running...it's about YOUR running story, too.

Running is scary and big and daunting to many people. I hear it all the time from those who haven't discovered this wonderful journey, yet. But it's so simple. Don't make it harder than it needs to be. Just put on some tennis shoes and put one foot in front of the other. It doesn't have to be fast. It doesn't have to be far. Just go. 

When I'm running in races, I've been told to run the mile I'm in. That means, stop thinking about what you're going to do at mile 10 when you're at mile 3. Stay present in mile 3. So now, I'll tell you the same thing. Don't think about running for 30 minutes straight. Think about right now. Think about finishing this 30 second jog because after it, you get to walk for a minute. Enjoy where you are. Don't miss this wonderful moment. Yes, I said wonderful, even though you feel like your legs are going to fall off and your lungs are on fire. It's wonderful. You are moving. You are doing something that maybe you never thought you could do. Whether it's running for 30 seconds, 30 minutes, 13.1 miles, or 26.2 miles, you can do anything you put your mind to. 

In fact, I want to challenge you to a race. 

I am excited to have been chosen as an 
ambassador for the 2020 Christie Clinic Illinois Marathon. 
When: April 23-25, 2020
Where: Champaign-Urbana, Illinois; U of I campus

Let me share some details about Illinois Marathon weekend with you...
  • On Friday night, check out the largest 5k I've ever seen! 2019 brought almost 5,000 runners together to run this race! All speeds from very fast to a slow walk are welcome! Some U of I band members even run with sousaphones! It is the coolest thing to see! 
  • Saturday morning offers a 10k, half marathon (13.1 miles), and a full marathon (26.2 miles)
  • FLAT FLAT FLAT COURSES. I SAY AGAIN....FLAT!
  • You finish in Memorial Stadium! It's so neat to run to the finish line on the football field!
  • Amazing crowd/volunteer support. Great post race food/entertainment including the 27th mile post race victory bash. 
  • A marathon relay is also offered on Saturday morning. This is where you and 3 of your buddies team up to take on the marathon together by splitting the mileage 4 ways. So neat to do as a team! I love watching the teams finish together! 
  • I-Challenge. This is another cool thing offered. You can pair the Friday night 5k with any race on Saturday! You get THREE medals when you finish and TWO shirts! One for your 5k, one for whatever Saturday race you choose, and then a cool I-Challenge medal. There is the Full I-Challenge, Half I-Challenge, Marathon Relay I-Challenge, Mini I-Challenge.
  • Youth Run: Saturday afternoon. I LOVE that the kiddos can get involved, too! 
I have personally run every race distance offered at the Illinois Marathon weekend. They. All. Rock. This will be my 9th year, IN A ROW, running at this race series. I'm not steering you wrong. I wouldn't keep going back if I didn't love it! Join me! 

If you DID NOT run the race in 2019, I have good news! 
I have a discount code for you! Doesn't everyone love saving money? 
Reach out to me at jennymaeb@hotmail.com to get the special code for when you register. 

I look foward to seeing you at the start and finish line. Your best race is in sight! I can't wait to see you crush your goals! https://illinoismarathon.com/














Comments

Popular Posts