Lovingly Optimistic


A friend, asked me, “Why are you writing a blog?” They weren't asking anything I hadn't asked myself.  Why was I writing a blog? 


What if people don’t like what I write? I’m a people pleaser. A healer at heart. In addition to that, or because of that, I’m also indecisive. I hate pain, hurt, and conflict. You won’t see me take hard stances on world issues because if I choose one way, I may hurt someone on the other side. Still, I have things to say. I still think those things should be heard. I truly believe that people can disagree on many different issues and still be civil and, yes, friends.  All I ever want for anyone is happiness or a smile, and I hope, by a few words on a page, I can bring that. On a side note, it’s a good thing I was never on a debate team. I would have been horrible. 


Why would anyone want to read anything I have to say? When I said this to my mom, the queen of all writers, she said, “Jenny, how many times have you heard me say that?” And each time I told her that if someone wanted to read it, they would. If they don’t want to read it, they won’t. She doesn’t write for other people. She writes for her


So, why write a blog? ... for me, and maybe indirectly, for you. I need a place to profess my faith. I need a place to think about God and what he means to me. I need a place to vent after a long run. I need a place to talk about my hopes for my family. I need a place to ask other speech-language pathologists best practices for treatments and a place to share my own ideas.


I’m happy you’ve chosen to take this ride with me. Expect a little bit of everything.. Short writings on life, being a Christian, loving Jesus, family, speech-language pathology, running and running products, songs, happiness. I’m kind of eclectic! What I do know is that it will be me. Jenny Mae Howard. Because even though I may be an annoyingly optimistic, indecisive, people pleasing healer and sometimes doormat, there’s no one else I would rather be. And there’s no other life I would want to live.
 

My response to their question? I smiled and said, "I have beautiful things I want to say."

Comments

Popular Posts